1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 GMC 2500hd

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plowntm, Sep 26, 2011.

1. plowntm

plowntm Junior Member

I have a 04 GMC 2500hd and i was wondering what size plow you all think would work without being to heavy for my truck. It does not have a plow package on it. I went to the local meyer/western shop today and they will not install a plow on the truck because it does not have the plow package. I'm looking at a used western ulta mount 7.5 Would this be to much for the front end? Thanks
  2. JTPlowDog

JTPlowDog Junior Member
    from N/A

Go to Western's Quick Match: http://www.westernplows.com/wp/showroom/quickmatch.php
    Select your vehicle specs. If the specs. not not show up when selecting your vehicle, or plow models are not available for your vehicle, it is not a recommended application based on front end capacity or ballast requirments.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

As far as I know the plow package is just a second battery and a larger alternator, nothing to do with suspension. In fact the quick match software doesn't even ask for the plow package, it just recommends it. I wonder if anyone can tell us if there is more to the plow package than that ?
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Put a boss v plow on it
  5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I had a quick look on quick match and just plunked in some randome answers for the details but in my case it offered just about any plow you could ask for right up to the Wide-out. Of course I don't know your exact details, I just picked the K2500 Silverado with the gas engine and the lightest suspention listed. As Jtplowdog said, put your specs in and see what if offers you. As long as you don't have a diesel engine you will have lots of options. The diesel is so heavy it generally narrows your options.
  6. Mark71

Mark71 Junior Member

at least a 8ft blade and you will be happy.

CT-TILEMAN Member

Duramax Diesel weighs 836 lbs

8.1 Big Block weighs 761 lbs

6.0 iron head weighs 665 lbs

The Duramax is not as heavy as many think because of the extensive use of aluminum components and cylinder heads.