1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 F350 Superduties for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Sep 28, 2008.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

2004 Ford F350 Super Duty 4x4. It has the XL package with cruise and tilt. 4wd works great. It has a 6.0 Powerstroke diesel. Runs and drives excellent. VERY well maintained with dealer service records to prove. Many new items such as brakes all around (rotors, calipers, pads, etc), ball joints, u-joints, batteries, and the list goes on. Many new items under the hood as well. It's been fixed and fixed right. It's ready to go without having to worry about nickle and dime items going bad. Oil changes, air cleaners, fuel filters, etc, were all done religiously at the dealership. Like new BFG Mud Terrain tires. Very nice truck, especially for the price! Interior is clean as well. A/C blows ICE COLD! It is a very clean, rust free Texas truck. This truck has NEVER seen snow, but would make a very good plow truck. Email clear-water@comcast.net for any questions or for better pics. You will not be disappointed. 136k miles. $12,500. A four year old truck for less than 1/3 the price new.

I have another one identical but with 213k and almost as nice. $10.5k for it.

These are very stout, HD trucks. Believe it or not, they don't ride too bad. I've never been a Ford guy, or a 6 liter guy but I like driving them. I'm considering keeping one if my service truck sells before winter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Man, i know only a day, but no response out of these? I figured they'd get some quick action.

I can set these up with plows and spreaders too. Used or new. New and used Westerns, 1 barely used 8611 Blizzard, or new Boss or Snow Way. Incorporate into the truck loan and you're all set.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd like that 04 with the towing mirrors and a new snoway but dreaming doesn't help you at all. Good luck on selling them.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol........thanks!! I'd like to keep it too as an additional plow truck, but it's too much $$ for what I would need it for. My buddie and I brought them here from a fleet out of TX (they had 4) to resell and turn around a little $$, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. We're already crunching #'s at this point. Can budge a little, but we'll hang onto them before we lose $$. Time will tell.

5. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

You'll be hanging on to them. Good luck...Free bump

6. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

You know i think the number sounds a little high, BUT, you have all the required work done, and i mean you've done at least 2 grand worth of work that anyone buying a super duty is going to be spending so they look like solid trucks. Best luck.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Wow, thanks for uplifting my spirits! We bought them before diesels hit the floor. They are still worth more than what we have in them. Wait till winter hits and people need trucks. Some guys like the 6.0's.

Thanks, and $2k is a drop in the bucket. That's not including engine work. Pop the hoods and the top ends of these engines are new too! Plus 1 new radiator, alternators, belts, etc. They're as fresh as it gets. 6 liters have their known problems, this is no secret. Big problems at 20, 30, 40k miles, etc. But to have made it this long, they were obviously fixed and fixed right.

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Wellnot to rain on your parade, but the local DEALERS are selling regular cab diesels with less then 100k here for under $11000......I know of one with 50k on it for $12k, not sure about your area however, but the truck market is shot.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Some here too, but not 04's, not nice, and nothing nearly as maintained. People frown on fleet trucks or ones with miles, but these are better off than any auction special I'd buy at a local lot, that's for sure. I'd like a link to the one with 50k, I may buy it!

The truck market is so/so. I just got tall money for my 04.5 GMC LLY, but bought an 05 Chevy the same with more miles for 1/3 of the price from TX again. GM's seem to stay pretty high, but trucks in general are worth what people want to pay, it's down to that right now. If I keep one of these trucks, it will pay for itself easily in one winter, reliably, and that's what counts. I just need the cashflow right now to invest into other things. I can use the $$ right now and double it before winter. I buy/sell stuff on the side, that's my thing. I know what I've gotten recently for trucks that don't compare. The problem is, most people will spend $5k on some mid 90's 3/4 ton gasser and run them into the ground b/c that's all they can afford. They'd be better off in the long run with something like these, but aren't able to do it. The amount you'd save in fuel alone plowing with a diesel is unreal.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  10. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

they are nice looking rigs...but i agree...a tad high....the miles are what kills it...i bought my 04 with 48k last year...so these have had the wheels run off em..200k in 4 years...damn...

11. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

amen brother

12. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I've been watching one of these trucks on craigslist for a while now. I'd really like to have a diesel, but they're pricy.

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

One may be going out the door tomorrow. I'll let you know which one, then maybe we can budge a little on the other.

14. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

if ur serious about that truck I can get you the info.....I would buy it but I can't find anyone to cosign on it even though I'm going to put $6500 down!

15. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

EGLC please post that info i would like to get a look see at that as well

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

17. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Does plowing with a diesel really not use that much fuel? Sorry i'm new

18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Don't be sorry. As a comparison before I ran all diesels, I had one Reg cab 5.7 gasser with an 8' pro along side of a crew cab Duramax with an 8.5' V plow. Plowing the same lot for 38 hours on a big storm 2 seasons ago, obviously moving more snow with the v plow. My guy filled up 2 to 1 on me. When he filled his second tank full, I had nearly a quarter left of the first one. I'll leave out on an average storm with 1/2 tank and not be concerned of running out, that's a fact.

19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe it's BECAUSE they're 6.0 AND you state a lot of work has been done under the hood.

I have an '04 and it's the biggest POS of my 3.

Nice trucks, but being out of warranty and you readily admitting that a lot of work has been done would make me run.

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Are you freaking kidding me? Do you know anything about the 6.0? I'm a GM guy and I do. Wow.............Mods, please close this thread. I thought this forum was for items for sale, not for peoples judgement to be cast upon the sellers!