1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 f350 sc sb

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ddb maine, Dec 3, 2010.

1. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

the driver side front suspension has been loud for a long time, sound like the shackles are broken and its slamming into the frame. been in the shop for it no one can find anything. I've had the sway bar links replaced. My assumption is the u-joints are going, when I full turn the wheel the driver side wheel pops three times at the same rotation point. 3/4 turn doesn't provoke it.

sound like pop, pop, pop, ... pop, pop, pop, ...

passenger side has never given me any trouble. any thoughts?
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

How many miles? Throw a set of u-joints on for preventative maintenance: maybe it'll solve your problem. If not, thats one less issue you have to deal with.
  3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

check the sway bar bushings at the front axle. i have 2 F-series that i have had to replace them on. makes a clunk on every bump.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

X2 on the sway bar bushings.....replace them with poly bushings
  5. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

thank you. the ujoints are greasable, trying to get the gun in there is insane though. Will examine the bushings. Thanks again

mileage 143k