1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 F350, need electrical plow help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pats plowing, Sep 9, 2004.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Everything works except for on the driver side the headlight. On parking lights, both of them work but the driver side one is weaker. On regular beams, the driver side doesnt work at all. On high beams, the driver side works as if it is on regular beams. The configuration plug is correct, and I switched blinker splice wire on the driver side but nothing changed.The bulb works, we switched them and tested. When attached to the plow, the driver side plow light does not work either.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

recheck your wiring on the drivers side. youll need a test light
    see if you have a good ground at the light .may have wires crossed
    john

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Your symptoms lead directly back to the configuration plug,if you didn't use the white plastic lock i told you about then it's possible the cofiguration plug wire got pushed out the back of the plug(i've seen that twice)Bottom line-No driver side light = configuration plug problem

4. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

It worked arcburn, I got it to plug in all the way. It never had before but now it all works. 20 something hours later we saved $600. Was it worth it probably not but now we can say we did it. Thanks again for all your help.

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Happy to help Pat!Good luck with your new plow,customers absolutly love the X-Blades I've sold,it scrapes like nothing you've seen before,don't hesitate to give me a shout if you run into any other problems with it :waving: