1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 f250 v plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by spsbrian, Oct 18, 2004.

1. spsbrian

spsbrian Junior Member

Thinking of mounting a 8'6" Western v plow on a 2004 f250 with 6.0 powerstroke. This is not manufacture reccommended. Has anyone done it and what are the results.

One truck is reg cab and the other is super cab short bed. thanks.

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

What is the front axel rating on each truck??

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Ford doesn't recommend it beacuse of the weight of the diesel engine.

4. spsbrian

spsbrian Junior Member

F 250 O4

5200 Lbs Is The Front Axel Rating.

5. The Boss

Mount it :nod: Ford doesn't recommend ANY application for mine because of the diesel and the long wheel base. Do you think I listened to them? :nono:

6. Bubba-plow

Bubba-plow Junior Member

8.5 EZ-V Plow

If you follow the guide lines that fisher post on their e-match, you'll find they suggest a 7-1/2' plow only. 750 pounds of counter weight is required in the rear of the truck. Only if you were hauling a sander, say 2.0yd, would you be close to counter weight of having a v-plow on the front. There are a few reason they do not recommend it. To much weight on the front axle can and will affect your braking in sudden & emergency stops. What happens is that the sensors in your braking sense transfer of weight in the front axle but not the rear so that the front brakes would only apply in these situations. Ford does not recommend it because when they did their crash testing, they had 5 dummies in the truck. Who plows with 5 people? It is your truck. Forget your warranty on the ford if something major happened.

7. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I have an 01 PSD extended cab long box with an 8.5' western MVP.
    Just had to add a leaf to bring the front up.

8. The Boss

I have an extended cab long box too. The turning radius sucks but the 8' box is a lifesaver.

9. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Install a set of X code springs (unless you already have them) with Timbrens and you should be fine. Regarding the warranty, my understanding is that they have to honor warranty claims, unless the plow directly causes an issue, and that they can prove it, then it's your dime.

10. The Boss

I added a spring to each side of my front end and it raised it about 3 inches. Now it doesn't hardly drop at all with the blade on.

11. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I would purchase an extended warranty from Wynn's or somebody for the drivetrain, Ford will check front end for signs of a plow, and void the warranty.

12. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

So what? Its got a ultramount frame on it. Are you going to drive it into the shop with the plow on? Every truck I own runs plows over the warranty sixe. Never been an issue to get warranty work done. They see the Fisher mount but they also want me to keep buying trucks from them. You have to be firm and twist their arms a bit.

13. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

If you can find a plow application that fits your Ford (like a 7'6")

And as long as ford thinks that it (7'6") is the plow you have, then they will honor the warranty.

Just take it off before you bring it in to the dealer.

I never had any problems with my warranty repairs.
    Water pump and power mirror switch.