1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 f250 ultramount install

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by suzuki0702, Nov 23, 2008.

1. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

well i wired it up last night with the hb5 style connectors, but only getting juice to passenger side headlamp. plow was bought off a chevy, but i purchased new lighting kit from western dealer. came with a new iso module and # 2, 3 , and 4 wires. but not number 1. need some light on the situation. unknown problem!! thanks for the help fellas!

edit: high beams work on both sides. no lowbeams on drivers side. this is on the truckside. unknown on plowside. plow is waiting undercarriage.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  2. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I recently had a problem with my chevy, and the problem i had was the headlight harness was reversible, it could also be the same with the ford trucks, might want to see if the instructions mention anything like that.

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Western works off of a negative grounding system without being hooked to the truck stuff is not going to work right.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your headlight harness plugs are not configured correctly. You have to configure them for the HB5 negative common setup. If they're backward it makes the dr side low beam inoperative.. It's all in the install paperwork that should have been in the harness kit.

5. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

thanks for the replys, western only stated the negative common setup for the chevy models, but ill take the common into the middle, i beileve thats how its gonna end up. funny thing is i took the iso module off of the chevy truck the plow originally came off of and it works like a dream!