1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 F250 Tranny - won't start?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by droptine, Nov 14, 2007.

1. droptine

droptine Member

04 F250 is in the shop , tranny rebuilt. Shop calls me this evening and says after reinstalling, the truck engine won't stay running. Starts with key for only a few seconds and quits. Could this be from anti-theft, remote keyless starter, or??? Its a ford dealer installed aftermarket system. Don't know the brand as the key fob colors were worn away when I bought the truck in April. Is there a way to bypass, reset or disable without key fob? Shop is one hour away and fob is in my pocket. I have no literature on it to troubleshoot with.

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Sounds like the ignition switch is bad.Or not wired back up correctly. Runs only when key is in the start position and not after released?

3. droptine

droptine Member

I don't think the shop did anything with the ignition switch, other than turn the key.

4. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

There is a few things that could have happened here. 1 they caught the wire harness in between the bellhousing and the engine. symptoms would be erattic and multiple codes in the pcm. Option 2 torque converter bad. If the insides are trash it will start and stall when put in drive. 3 they have some sort of air tubing unhooked causing major vacumn leak. If the truck starts then its not and alarm problem. Get more info

5. droptine

droptine Member

Don't know about the wire harness, the converter is supposed to be brand new, not sure on the vacuum leak. They may have their foot on the brake, which would cause it to stop when started with remote? I can't get any more info til tomorrow.

6. droptine

droptine Member

Picked up my truck today. Problem came from the remote start security system. Don't know why, justed pushed the buttons on the key fob, turned the ke and it started right up. Thanks for your thoughts.