1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'04 F250 reverse/backup sensor

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by michdeere, Jan 1, 2008.

1. michdeere

michdeere Member

Friend of mine has an '04 F250 that he plows with. Is there a way to de-activate the sensors in the rear bumper so the "alarm" quits going off? He asked the dealer and pretty much got the run around... how it's unsafe to use the vehicle without it and the liablities were too great for them to even think of assisting him. You can shut this system off by hitting a button, but he says everytime you put it in reverse, it resets itself and you have to push the button again. Sorry for playing middle-man here, but I told him I'd post this and see if anyone knows of a "fix". Thanks.

2. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

When I shut mine off they off until I turn the truck off or turn them back on.

3. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

i havent plowed with my 05 yet but i will check that out... hope it doesnt reset everytime i go out of reverse

4. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

its got power, im sure theres a fuse somewhere, those things are stupidly annoying anyways, we usually have our tailgate down for work and they go off even for that

5. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I had an 01 that had the sensors on it & I had to shut them off every time I backed up so I got under the truck & unhooked them at the plug in behind the bumper.

6. michdeere

michdeere Member

Thanks. I'll tell him there's a plug he can pull. The fuse idea is probably OK too, but who knows what else may be tied in with it.

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Just turn the switch off when you plow, if you have them that switch should be there ( see pic ) they re-set when the truck is turned off and back on, that's all I do. Forget that fuse idea, when you really want them on they won't be and you'll be sorry.

HPIM0951 (Medium).jpg

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

that may be the case on yours but before the interior redsign like yours they all reset everytime you put it in drive, you you basically have to hit the button everytime you put it in reverse. I looked for a fuse and there isnt one directly for the circuit. If I remember right, you can unplug the switch and it will shut off. I have acidentally broken mine by pushing the button too many times out of frustration and it no longer beeps at me, PERFECT! since then, I have unplugged the switch and tossed it in the glovebox.