1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 F250 clicker box going crazy

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cjasonbr, Jun 12, 2008.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

My Fords clicker box is going nuts.

At first it was clicking so fast it sounded like a buzzing sound.

I replaced the clicker box and it slowed down, at first i thought i solved it, but it still clicks.

The research i've done on the internet said the problem could very well be the switch on the steering column.

Well, the switch is a good $80 so i don't want to buy and install it for it not to solve the problem. Seems to me if the switch was the problem, the blinkers would be blinking with the clicking sounds right? Right now it's just the clicker box makming the sounds.

The way i figure it, maybe it's the relay going to the clicker box?

You guys have any ideas? Does anyone know where the relay for the clicker box is? in the fuse box maybe?

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I guess your talking about the turn signal blinker unit and the multi function switch in the steering wheel? Knowing Ford they don't change the basic stuff very often. Check and make sure all your bulbs are working each time it seems to speed up on the clicking. If it's a plow truck and it does not have a heavy duty blinker unit the extra lights in the plow lights will wear it out quicker if not make it act funny. Check the brake lights when it acts up. Some times one will be not working even tho the bulbs good. The multi function switch in the steering wheel controls the hazard, brake and turn signals.

3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Yea, that's exactly what i'm talking about, the clicker that makes the noise when you have your blinker on.

It's definately not a bulb because it actually clicks when i'm not turning and not using the turn signal. Actually when i do actually turn the turn signal on, it works perfect. The only time it starts clicking crazy is when i don't have the turn signal on.

I replaced the clicker box without the plow on. It starting clicking even before running with a plow on it.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like a short circuit to ground somewhere. Maybe in the plow light module if it has one.. Look at the wire where they come out of the bottom of the steering column. Maybe you luck out and one has a problem.