1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 F250 5.4 timbrens and tranny cooler

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JaysLawns, Dec 21, 2008.

1. JaysLawns

JaysLawns Junior Member

Hey guys I have a 04 f250 5.4 gas with the 5200 fawr on the front suspension. I am currently running a boss 8'2 v xt. It doesnt sag much but overtime I feel that it will. Would you guys recommend timbrens or the 7000lb coils? I would think timbrens would be better ride. Also how many upgraded from the stock tranny cooler? Do any guys have to rebuild or bought a new tranny from overheating? I was looking at the b&m tranny coolers for my truck. Let me know what ya guys think. Thanks

Jay

2. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Your 04 has leaf springs.

You can upgrade to the 6000lb leaf springs if you want (heaviest leaf springs available from the factory).

Or do the Timbrens or load assist air bags.

If you want an upgraded trans cooler, you can always get a 6.0 Diesel trans cooler.

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i think your front end will be fine, ive got a 9'2" v on my 350 and its still fine. you could always just add another leaf if you really wanted to. i upgraded my tranny cooler as well but can remember what brand it is. i went to a local tranny shop to have my system flushed, tranny temp gauge installed, and had the biggest tranny cooler they had in stock that would fit in my truck installed.

4. JaysLawns

JaysLawns Junior Member

Yeah Im looking at the b&m tranny coolers for around $200. I think it would be worth it.

5. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

You can fine a 6.0 Cooler for around 200 too, and it will out perform ANY aftermarket cooler by a long shot, there really is no comparison to any other cooler.