1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 F150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 86burban, Jan 26, 2004.

1. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Ive been looking around for a truck lately. I want to get a good idea about every truck to plow with. I have been looking at the Gmc's and Chevies. I do like the looks of the new F150. I would like to know the opinions of those out there who have bought them on what they think. Has anyone out there put a plow on theirs yet? Any pics? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

2. 2004 Truck of the Year. Oh yeah.

Not sure on how they will handle a plow as compaired to the earlier models. I think the 04's do not have torsion bar suspensions so I'm not sure on how that may affect things. They are nice rides though, especially the FX4 with black exterior and black leather, wow! :cool:

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the 04 FX4's snowplow prep is not offered but if you get the tow package which includes a bigger alternator (i think) and an aux. trans. cooler among other things. all you would need is some timbrens and you should be all set.

4. Nothe1

Nothe1 Junior Member

Put a plow on last week prob won't snow until december now.
    Lol I can't say how it will handle yet but Imo I love the way it looks cause I was afraid they would have to cut up the painted bumper. They did have to leave the tow hooks off though other than that I can;'t wait for some snow.Chairs:drinkup:
    Front only drop about 3/4 to a inch but then it is new.
    2004 F 150 FX4 Scab w/console Trueblue/Black Capt :cool:

Cheers

image033.jpg

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

check this out :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

One more picture :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  7. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

looks great! Any modifications needed for the front end? The bumper?

Tony

8. nice sno-way :D

9. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Tony,
    Look at Ford's web site. They make an 8200 lb gvw version of the F150. It is made to plow snow with. Putting a plow on it will not void the warrantee. You can get a snow plow prep package on it too. I have a 2000. Its a light 3/4 ton truck with a 1/2 ton body. They dont make a lot of them. If you cant locate one locally, order it.
    Ray