1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 f150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jbart06, Aug 21, 2012.

1. jbart06

jbart06 Member

I have an 04 f150 crew cab 5.4 liter with a blizzard 760 lt plow. The problem i have is that when coming off a curb or any situation where the front suspension really travels the plow hitch under the truck bumps the ground, i try to be careful and go very slow but even at that their are times it bumps. What is the answer--timbrens, stiffer front springs, spring spacers???
  2. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

I run an 04 f150 heritage ext cab with a 7.5 boss poly. I raised my front 2 in with the torsion bars. I havent had any clearance issues even with a pallet of salt and spreader in the back. i assume yours is new body style so i would recomend the level kit. Ive heard tembrens create a horrrible ride plus the level kits are fairly cheap! Im not familiar with blizzard plows but If that doesnt do it maybe trade to a poly plow.
  3. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

I have a 2004 F-150 with a 7'6" Boss Standard Duty plow. When I first had it installed it had a lot of sag and i then a 2 inch rough country leveling kit, which helped a lot. This year i bought sumo springs which fit in between the 3rd and 4th coil. This doesnt bring up the front end but it helps absorb shock while driving. Hope this helps! ussmileyflag