1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 f150 hercules brand tire???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jbart06, Dec 8, 2012.

1. jbart06

jbart06 Member

needing a new set of tires on my truck its an 04 f150 4x4, currently has kelly brand tires on it size 275/65/18. As we all know tires are not cheap and the ones I have on the truck now came with it their starting to get low on tread not at the wear bars yet however with plowing I prefer to not be pushing the limits of the tires and end up stuck or not able to push the snow!

I do a decent amount of driving year round highway and city, plus plowing so want something that will serve all purposes. ONe guy recommended the Hercules terra trac what I am understanding is that they are a little more of a snow tire but everybody that has them drives them year round with no issue, keeping them regularly rotated everything is fine from highway to plowing...plus I can get a set of them for $664 installed taxed out the door.

thoughts on these or any other tire that would be good?

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I have put on quite a few hercules tires They are decent but dont last as long as a more expensive tire.

3. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I have had Terra Trac tires on my GMC 2500. I think they are good tires.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's a mid grade tire. Gonna get what you pay for.

5. jbart06

jbart06 Member

Long as their not to snow tire like and I can drive them year round for at least 2 year I will be happy.

6. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

run mine year round. 80,000km on a 04 F350 4x4 crew cab srw diesel no issues as long as rotated regularly.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have the same tires on my truck for the last year. I like them, great snow / off road tread, no noise at all. A bunch of people have told me they like the aggressive tread design. I have bought a bunch of Kelly Springfield tires too and never had a problem with them.

8. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member