1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 F-350 Diesel front suspension issue

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Barrakudaman, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

I have a 2004 f-350 short box quad cab 6.0 diesel truck. I installed a 99' Blizzard 810 on it. This is my first year using this plow on my truck commercially. Last year i just did a few residential accounts. The issue is that the engine cradle is hitting my stearing stabalizer bar whenever i go over a little bump. it used to not be every little bump. I'm looking for your input. Are the front leafs shot? add air bags? just put a leveling kit in? Shocks? Thanks Kenussmileyflag

2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

geeze...yeah find a spring shop and have new ones made....or order code X leafs.......then AAL is up to you but IMO...the summit racing diesel FULL LENGTH AAL kit is the best way to get 4" of lift...but may not be needed as you need a 3" block added to level rear out...

but dont put air on old metal....air after new metal is great too....

im assuming you have 100k on your probably V rated springs just like me....

3. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

My Truck has code VS springs on it. GVWR 9900 lbs. I dont really want to lift the whole truck much. I'd be fine with 2" lift. Does anyone make a leveling kit with new leafs instead of a block under the leaf? I think my rear leafs ar fine yet. Thanks, Ken

4. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Just a find matching set of plow prep springs at a salvage yard, or order them new from ford.

5. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

What is the code for the plow prep springs that would be on this truck?

6. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Springs

You want to get whats called "X" code springs. Those are the springs that came on diesel F250/350 with the plow prep. The Ford part number is
    2C3Z-5310-AF

Check with your Dealer or I believe that you can find them on Powerstrokeshop.com

This is a very common issue, I have done this on several of my trucks over the last 7-8 years.

Kirby

7. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I would not buy the stock springs. Find a spring shop. Your plow is already way to heavy for that truck