1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Dodge with 35's - OK to plow?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bltp203, Apr 3, 2007.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Going to be purchasing a 2004 Dodge with 2" leveling kit and 35 inch tires.......wanted to know if I will be able to put on a plow (Boss 8' straight) without any issues, or will I have to drop down to a stock tire size for the winter season.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i had 35's on my 04 but the plow angle was causing the blade to trip . switched back to stock for the winter.

3. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I plowed this season with my 04 2500 with 2" leveling kit and 35's. Had no problems at all with the blade tripping. I may consider plowing next year with stockers just as a comparison.
  4. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

do you guys think it makes a difference if it is a full trip or a trip edge when you put on 35" tires and a leveling kit. which one will work better and trip less???
  5. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I have 35s with zero problems.

Plowed 2 years with stockers and got 35s this year. Actually, they might be a bit bigger than that.

BFG a/ts. The blade doesn't trip anymore, but dependings on the plow it might require adjustment.

As for trip edge vs full trip. The trip edge would be less noticable if it's always tripping.

Personally I prefer full trip blades, but as for which is better, it's all based on preference no matter what people tell you.