1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 dodge 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Rocko, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Rocko

Rocko Junior Member

I would like to get your opinions on which way to go. I just got an 04 2500 with snow plow package. I am thinking about having an old Meyer blade i have mounted to it. My other thoughts are wait and research new blades and purchase and have it installed thru the local dealer. I thinking that since i have the meyer blade it would be the fastest and least expensive way to get a plow truck. I'm just not sure that they would be able to get this 15 year old blade to work well.

I am open to any ideas you guys have.

Thanks in advance
  2. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

I have two old style Meyers mounted on both of my 04 dodges......you have to buy a under carriage which is about $500. Plus getting it mounted and wired. It also depends on your lights, if you have saber lights they will put them on, but the old style square ones I don't think are compatable with the newer trucks. Going off quick figures from my head and knowing what my dealer charges, you are looking at $1300 with the lights and install. Could be wrong, but thats what I think