1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Chevy Silverado help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rcgm, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I got a 04 Chevy Silverado 4x4 I was getting some squeaking out of the front left wheel sometimes now it is both front wheels. It happens about 3 times a day sometimes it is a steady squeak then almost like a faint clicking. I just replaced front pads and rotors thinking it was the rotors it went away for about a week now it is slowly coming back. What do you think this is? Calipers or wheel bearings? Also how do you know when your front wheel bearings are going bad. Thanks

RCGM
    Brad

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Also forgot to say when I am driving down the road my steering wheel shakes back and fourth a tiny bit side to side like you are turning the wheel. When I pull a trailer it takes some load off the front and then the wheel goes side to side more.

Thanks
    Brad

3. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

Ya"ll know when the wheel bearing goes out when your driving 70mph and all hell breaks loose!! lol:dizzy:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Better get it off the ground and check those wheel bearings soon. Thats where you want to start. :nod:

5. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i just bought a 04 1500 and looked up all the recalls and there is a recall in the stearing systems, mine is going back to the dealer this week to get looked at and fixed

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is it the TSB about the intermediate steering shaft clunk that your referring to bolt?

7. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

It is for the intermidiate steering shaft. That is a old recall I couldn't get them to fix it under recall. Cost me $190.00 You will know when it is time you start hearing a awful knock in the steering wheel everytime you turn and go over a bump. It was the best 190 dollars I ever spent it drove me nuts for 2 weeks.

Brad

8. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

yes that exactly the noise and either way im going to make them fix it since i have only owned the truck for 48 hours