1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04' chevy 3500 2wd plow ideas

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by New Heights, Sep 20, 2008.

1. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

Im looking into puting a plow on a 2w/d 04' chevy 3500 anyone have any ideas? I would like to use a western but every dealer tells me no way.
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

They think 2wd can't do. :dizzy:

Well I know boss offer plow for Ford F350 2wd.

You could call Western to ask them what plow would fit it.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Last year we used a 2003, 3500 2wd with the poor stock tires. I had a 8'6" Arctic plow with the Westen Pro Plus wings on it. We had 24, 2' X 4' patio stones on the back. This truck is a flat deck. We had the worst winter I can remember. That truck plowed every snowfall and one was 18" but we never let the sites get to that. I don't recomend the Arctic Plow because the mounting is quite difficult at times. These trucks will plow better then most people think. I wouldn't use it for driveways but for commercial use they work well.
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I run a Western Unimount MVP v-plow on one of my trucks. 2003 2wd x-cab 2500HD Duramax with a service bed on it. I run about 1,500lbs in the back and she's good to go. Air bags out back and it rides like a 79 Lincoln!! Tires and weight make a big difference. Every classic body (88-00) 3500HD GM was a 2wd (dually of course). Lots of those as plow trucks around here.
  5. New Heights

do you have any pics of your set-up?
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here's the truck but I can get better ones of the plow setup if you'd like:

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Kind of a different look with the ends of the air dam cut off that far forward. Interesting.
  8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, it was kindof hanging there on one side, cracked and a lil tore up from the tire rubbing it before the tbars were cranked. I cut it when I put the plow on to be safe with clearance and never replaced it to do it right ; )
  9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

You gotta be careful not to get hung up on snow piles or curbs!:realmad:
  10. New Heights

looks good...lets see some more pics of the plow frame.