1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 chevy 2500 hd with boss 8' plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by grassmanvt, May 24, 2008.

1. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Up for sale today is my 2004 chevy 2500 hd. 6 liter gas with a fresh amsoil in it, about 94k, Runs and goes very good. Has a dent in the drivers door, drivers side seat side wear. Has a nice 8' boss plow as well. I will be removing the boxes and pump but the light bar stays. Steal this truck for $11,000. Have pictures wil e-mail.

04 chevy 2500 hd 003.jpg

2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

How about a summer steal of $10,000 WITH the 8' boss plow, and the strobe, (I'm still keeping the boxes and tank) Someone has to need a newer plow truck for the winter. I can e-mail more pictures to anyone interested.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

If it was red or alot closer I would be interested...Free Bump seems like a good deal to me!

4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I can't make it red but I can ship it!

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Just a few questions. Does it have an automatic transmission? Do you always use Amsoil? Are the tires in good shape? How many plow seasons on it?
    Brant

6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have not owned the truck since new but, I would assume this was used since new to plow, it came from a construction company who completely liquidated. I have run amsoil in it because it had an amsoil filter on it when I got it so I figured if they went the extra mile for it I would too. It is an automatic. Tires, if memory serves me right are probably 40-50%. Not great but I've run much, much, worse.

7. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

willing to sell the truck and plow seperate?

8. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Maybe, what'tcha got in mind?

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Up for sale for one more week then I register and drive another year, if someone buys this truck this week, I will sell it with the 8' bossplow (I still keep the boxes and tank) for $9,000. Last chance, then it goes back on the road and pulls my mowers the rest of the year! Take advantage!!!

10. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

backup for sale, just put a little money in it, still have to get 9k firm, truck, plow and light bar. Its not perfect but its not 30k either. Runs and goes good, cheap work/plow truck.

11. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

What did you do to the truck? It says you put a little money in it? Thanks Joe

12. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

couple o2 sensors, gauge cluster update, new power steering pump, emissions valve of some sort, couple other little things to tidy it up.

13. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

How many miles are on the truck now? Hows the four wheel drive, u joints, ball joints, axles etc..

14. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

just under 94k, replaced one u-joint, all else seems to be fine, used the 4wd carrying some firewood out this fall and all worked fine with no unusual noises.

15. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Someone must need a plow truck. We've been using it around the yard to clean out and it drives and plows great. I just don't need it, have an 05 and 2 07's, would like to sell this and the 05' and buy one more new one.

16. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Looks pretty good.... for about $7k it would be perfect.

17. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

Question?

Would this fit my 2005 Chevy 2500HD ? Complete set up? Any pix of the plow ? Would you be willing to sell sepreate the plow if it would fit and if so how much? Thankyou,
    Mr. Matt

18. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Yeah 7k I'd buy it again too.

19. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Not sure if it would fit but I will not separate unless someone wanted the truck first, otherwise, we are using it as a plow truck.

20. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

Ok........

Just keep me in mind. Thank you......MM