1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 6.0 pwr stroke problems

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ADMSWELDING, Dec 26, 2005.

1. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

This 04 f-550 0f mine is plague with turbo problems dealer has replaced it 2 and it has 8600 miles on truck they replaced the egr in the turbo they said last week but the trucks still bogs at 65mph or 70mph with foot into the pedal it makes a funny noise like a suction noise and the truck bucks if you look at the exaust pipe in the mirror it spits black smoke when this happens anyone else have these problems thanks for any replys in advance

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  2. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

could one of your intercooler pipes become disconnected its just a thought you might wanan ask this same question at thedieselstop.com umight get a quicker response

3. ADMSWELDING

no but thanks pools and plowingct

no the dealer just did a recall on the cool-air charger intake pipe but thanks anyway for the response.the dealer says there going to replace the turbo again here goes number 3?

4. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

well good luck

5. SLSNursery

SLSNursery PlowSite.com Veteran

Try, try, again.....

One of our '04s had the same problem - 1x to original dealer, 2x back to original dealer (this is a truck dealer - who we no longer consider 'our' dealer), 3x to new dealer - all recalls, problem finally solved. The third dealer provided all sorts of evidence of a repair on the shop ticket. If for nothing but our satisfaction, the truck is better, and we have a list of items they changed. The other '04 - did not have this problem. Have the dealer list out what changed. Also - there are recalls or TSBs for this problem, and your vin# should be associated with them. Further - the Ford 'master' computer should keep track of all repairs done at any dealer, according to the VIN. This is useful information if you want to check what was really done.

6. chriscasto22

chriscasto22 Junior Member

i have an 05 f350 diesel, and have the same suction noise you mentioned, it comes from under the truck when i let off the aclerator, any idea's as to what this could be? i am taking it to the dealer tommorow.

7. ADMSWELDING

Turbo Problem

MY TRUCK TODAY barely would do 65mph and it was blowing alot of smoke/black and making that suction noise the vanes are stinking in the turbo dealer said theres a upgraded turbo but they havn,t received them yet. Where are you located if not far from stoneham i would like to ride in your truck and compare your problem with mine.

8. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

1-800-lemon Law

John

9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I was thinking.

10. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Have Ford buy the truck back, use the Lemon Law, thats what its for.

11. ADMSWELDING

Buyback

I said that to the service manager last time the truck was in if they could not fix it .he laugh and said they won,t buy it back .I told him you want a bet i,m not going to sit back with this 40k dollar truck and accept that it hardly moves and blows smoke everywhere.i,l keep you guys informed i,m going to call dealer tommorow.

12. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

#1. The dealer will always laugh at you and say No. Saying yes to anything costs them money and makes them look bad in Fords eyes.

Example- I bought my Ram used with 87k miles on it from NH. I haggled them into a 12 month warranty for free. When I test drove the truck it had a vibration which I could tell was from the driveshaft-felt like a u-joint. I told the salesman-please check the driveshaft when you put it through the shop-he wrote it down on the sales sheet. The truck went through the shop and they said it needed a tire to be balance. I took the truck home and noticed a slight vibration still-it kept getting worse as time went by. I took it back a month later, and said its horrible you need to fix it-they took it in the shop and said the driveshaft was gone and it needed a new one. They gave me a rental for 1 day for free, and called me that night saying the driveshaft wouldn't be in for 3 days and I'd have to pay for it. When all was said and done, I got the rental for free for the 3 days, a new driveshaft, and a new set of tires. The dealership was a 5 star dealer, and I called the chrysler rep, and also asked for a form to fill out. I called the dealership and told them the course of action I was going to take and they immediatly changed their tune.

As for your situation, you need to file for the lemon law soon. If anything contact your lawyer, call Ford directly about the problem and go from there. Ford has been buying the 6.0 powerstroke back like its their job. Its been their highest "cost" since they introduced it. Don't talk to the dealer, talk to Ford directly about the problem and let them know the course of action you will take-sue them for a problem that has not been solved after 3 attempts, bad customer service, etc.

13. ADMSWELDING

Going Too Dealer Tomorrow

Talk To Dealer Today The New So Called Upgraded Turbo To Fix This Problem Is In Drop Off In Morning I,ll Keep You Posted On The Results This Will Be #4 Turbo With 8900 Miles

14. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

if your truck still has problems you need to find another dealer. i went thru alot of crap with my older dealer, now i have one that can acutally fix trucks.

15. ADMSWELDING

trucks back

Trucks back this is a upgraded 05/06 turbo drove only a few miles but seems to have power and boost back no more flutter hopefully this is over.

16. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

If it's gone, it's gone and great. But I'd still take the question over to "www.thedieselstop.com" The guys over there will be able to tell you what the heck was or is the problem.

17. ADMSWELDING

i,m logged in at the dieselstop forum thanks.

18. chriscasto22

chriscasto22 Junior Member

adams welding what dealership are you taking your truck too? i went to mine, and they have not heard anything about the turbo's getting replaced for the turbo flutter, they said that is is common with these trucks and theres no recall out on it. hows the new turbo working, do you see any improvment? my truck struggles to climb hills. any advice on how you dealt with they dealership would be greatly appreciated. thanks

19. ADMSWELDING

Trucks Running Super

Chris go to the dieselstop.com search the threads I'm in same screenname the part# is listed there.my dealer is in my home town.Truck is running great ran down to HanscomAFB to do a weld job on a loader.plenty of power.I was told this is a 05/06 turbo adressing these flutter issues.Also installed a set of timbrens up front and these things are great firmer ride and less sway truck is heavy 16,800lbs.

f-550.jpg

20. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

i had to put a chip in mine against my own judgement but it works. The 6.0 is junk next year there coming out with a new one that should work. I told a ford rep. i have a 1975 250 390 eng. that would pull this 03 across the lot he didnt care to see my demo and didnt appreciate the challenge. GOOD LUCK