1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 6.0 250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PremierLand, Apr 3, 2006.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I think im getting a 04 f250 with the 6.0, only 36k miles. anything I should look for before driving off with it?

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

look for one with a 7.3 in it. LOL :rolleyes:

3. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

I Second that, STRONGLY!!!:nod:

Make sure you do a carfax and see if it has been bought back, due to waranty issues. Also, is it a REALLY good price?? If it is far out of the norm, it could be one of the problem ones that someone is looking to get rid of! With the problem prone 6.0, I would definately ask them to provide a printout from their dealership of all the service visits! It will be worth it to you, and very enlightening as to any current problems. If they wont, then walk, no no RUN away!

Just trying to look out for you so you dont get screwed!:) Good luck!

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Find out what month it was actually built in.....after I believe March of 2004 all the problems were fixed. Just do a carfax report for sure. Find out the previous owner and call them.