1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 2500HD transfer case leak

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevyzrule810, Mar 11, 2011.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone had problems with their transfer cases leaking? My friend has an 04 with 66,000 on it and he says its leaking from up top.Anyone else ran into this problem and how to fix it?

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

3. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Had the same problem

Had the same problem, check the tranny fluid level, if it is up over normal then you have a seal
    issue and need to pull the T-case, repair the problem, also change the tranny fluid and filters
    as the fluids and not compatable and will harm the tranny.... I also noticed oil spots on my tailgate weeks prior to finding my T-case empty when it went in for service...

I found a new re-manufactured right from GM, 3/160 coverage, cost me 1800.00 installed...

Goodluck and let us know what you find out....

4. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

if needed i have a electric shift case from a 2500hd for sale..

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Probably pump rub

6. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

i have that same truck... just replaced the case last summer......i guess its a known problem to Chevy yet they never recalled it... Reason? i have no idea!