1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 2500HD spreader options

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 1/2tonthatcould, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 1/2tonthatcould

1/2tonthatcould Member
    from MA

Im looking to put an in bed spreader in my 04 2500hd. I have a 6.5ft bed. I was looking at the hiniker and the 7ft fisher poly caster so far. Does anyone have this truck with a spreader? Any other options, thoughts or opinions? thanks.
  2. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have a 2008 crew cab short bed duramax with a salt dogg SHPE 2000 in it. Fits great and works awesome.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

4. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

I read your post and was wondering. Did you add 1 leaf per side or 2 ? I have the same truck and will be adding a larger spreader in the spring Hopefully. Thank You

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

2 per side.
    Also added a HD anti sway bar in the rear.
    I built front and rear with snow plowing/salting in mind and it has many upgrades.
  6. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

These are great spreaders! Easy to install! You can remove the shoot if you ever need to trailer. I love them!