1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'04 2500HD Radio issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Motorman 007, Feb 21, 2012.

1. My stereo, AM/FM/Single CD Bose system (factory) just started acting up. At first blush it appears the left drivers door speaker has blown. If I change the balance to the right side, it seems to be fine but the left side is all distorted. Has anyone had to replace a door speaker in their Bose system or is the problem in the left channel of the radio itself? FWIW, the door chime is badly distorted too. Thanks.
  2. BUMP.....Anyone?

3. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

Sounds like the speaker if the chime is distorted too. Try swapping speakers to see if anything changes. Obviously if the right one sounds bad after you swap, it's a bad speaker.
    Good luck.
  4. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

More then likely a bad speaker. Dont see to many radios for bad speaker channels here at the shop.
    Imo get some good aftermarkets and install them.
  5. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Same issue here. Let me know how you make out. I havent been able to find a used one on ebay yet....