1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 2500hd minibar install?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 03mossy, Nov 20, 2007.

1. 03mossy

03mossy Junior Member

how difficult is this to do? how do i take the headliner down to attatch the bolts and run the wire? i have read that some chevys are pre wired where would this be located if mine is? is there a way to mount a minibar on the back of the cab due to the ribs on top of a chevy and still get a tight level mount or am i going to have to mount it in the middle(just in front of the domelight) where the ribs stop? thanks for the help.
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

If you put it on the roof I would most likely go with a magnetic mount depending on the bar. If you have a backrack I would certainly consider mounting it to the backrack over placing it on the roof of the cab.
  3. flashinglight

flashinglight Junior Member
    from maine

If your truck is pre-wired than there will be a switch next to the radio and glove box. If you have the switch, the wire should be on the drivers side of the headliner. You will have to pop out the plastic trim to drop the headliner. I found a 1 liter soda bottle stuck in between the headliner and roof helps you get in there and work. Other than that your on your own!
  4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

To drop the headliner, take off the sunshade mounts, the grab handles, the coat hooks, and the pillar covers in the corners and you can get it right down.