1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04' 2500 with western proplus

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by salopez, Oct 14, 2004.

1. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Alright Its finally on! I am ready for snow....It will be the first time with a plow from this centry :D

Image(27).jpg

2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

How big is that? It looks huge!!

3. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

Do You Have Timbrens? I ask because it looks to sagging what size? I Have Been Looking At The Pro Plus W/ WINGS?

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

the blade is a 7.5' The pic is from a camera phone, so it is a little off. Yes I have Timbrens. The front of the truck is squatting about 1-2 inches, not too bad.

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

How low is that mount hanging off the front of the truck? I ask because the Western Dealers around here all tell me I can put a Western 7.5 Pro on my 04 1500. But I have heard the mounts come down pretty low? Pics would help!

Nice set up. I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for not going 3/4 D/A.

6. salopez

salopez Senior Member

here is the best picture i have to date. the mount is pretty high compared to others that i have seen. the mount is directly under the front valence.

Image(28).jpg

7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

The pro plus is a very nice plow.I was looking at them a few weeks ago at the big E very well built.One thing i noticed is it seemed the A frame portion of the plow was longer ,it looks like the plow is further out infront of the truck.If you look just right it makes the front end like its sagging more than it really is.It showed the most of chevys, maybe its a combo of the design of the chevy front end the pro plus.?

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

i believe it to be a longer then usual a-frame this is because the proplus angles further then most plows.

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

nice rig i dont why the overall chevy sit low compared to fords

10. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice looking truck & plow, even if it is a chevy! :waving: You got to love a Pro-Plow Plus

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  11. salopez

salopez Senior Member

nextdaysigns
    i am going to get the wings as soon as i get the cash. they are $345 out here. I have other items that need tending to before i get the wings, but they are nice wings! really well built.

12. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

Were are you in MD I am in frederick? Who put your plow on were did you get it? I have the same truck just gas wish I had 8 footer.

13. salopez

salopez Senior Member

next day
    I am in Columbia. I used S&S Auto performance in Annapolis. PM me if you want more info. I went with them becuase they seem to have the most knowlege of the product and they really treated me well. not only that they were well priced. plus they are open 24 hours during a storm!

14. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

Well if you ever need something fix on your plow try R&B STEEL in rockville. These guys are steel fabrication shop that can make anything and fix anything for plows. Dont no what the prices ae like have not needed anything for about two years. Why only 7 1/2 not 8 I seam to run over snow with my 7 1/2. Want to sell my 7 1/2 poly pro and get 8 pro plus or a vee wife says no way.

15. salopez

salopez Senior Member

i didnt got for the 8 since western says no way too much wieght on the front end with the duramax. the 7.5 is 792 pounds as it it....i will be picking up the wings in due time which will bring me up to 8.5 anyway.

16. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

plow wings

hey salopez
    ive seen some of them plow wings in my catalogs i have they are going for $165. i am thinking of getting a pair of them to.

17. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

salopez,

Nice plow and welcome to the plus club ;) You won't regret it one bit. You will love the wings. I move more snow with my wings than any of the v's on our job site. Do your best to get them on before the first snow. You WILL want them to wear with the cutting edge.

I bought mine from Dana as well. They are a very knowledgeable company, had a huge inventory, and I did a little bit better on pricing from them than the other two Maryland dealers.

NEXTDAYSIGNS,

Did you try end of summer RV's off of Route 15? I'm taking mine there next month to get it serviced.

Marshall

Can't get a picture to post...
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=13834

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004