1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 2500 ram quad cab v plow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yamahar612, Feb 7, 2004.

1. yamahar612

yamahar612 Member
    from WI

I just got my 04 2500 Ram Quad Cab, I'm looking to put a v-plow on it. What company should I got with? What is the best plow for the lowest price???:help: :drinkup:

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

western makes a really nice plow with ultramount setup

3. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

BOSS Power-V Last ten times longer then Western or Fisher

4. yamahar612

yamahar612 Member
    from WI

thanks a lot going to get the boss v i think

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Boss V, 10 times longer? Only if you dont use it! The length of the life of a blade is determined by use (proper or inproper), and preventitive and corrective maintance. Boss and Western V's are pretty equal in this area and i wouldnt say that one gives out long before the other. In over 7 years of doing installs, i have yet to scrap out a V because it was worn out.

The decision to purchase a brand and type of plow should be based on what your needs are. If your just plowing your driveway, theres no need for a V. If you plow lots with very little windrowing, theres no need for a V. Every time you add another function to a plow, you add cost and something else to go wrong. Talk to the people who use the type of plows your thinking of purchasing. Ask them what they like and dont like. Better yet, ask a driver for a larger company, hes not dedicated to a brand or dealer and will tell you the truth.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

10 TIMES longer i dont think so fisher and western are tougher then boss

7. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

U say Tomato, I say tomoto.... All the ones I've seen have cracked welds where the angle rams attach. The same thing happens with the Boss V's just not nearly as much and only the very old ones from what I'ce noticed .

8. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

what do you consider old? i have a western that is ten years and not a stitch of trouble,maybe when it reaches 15 i'll have to change a spring...

9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think one would outlast the other never used a boss but i used a western mvp once and its great, it was a few years old with the unimount instead of the ultramount. I would go with the western (should be plenty around milwaukee is'ent their factory there?). I agree with what was said above the more you have the more it costs and there is more to fail.

10. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

I personally like boss, but you need to find a dealer that will be open at 3 am on a Sunday if you have an problems with your plow.