1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 2500 HD CC Trans issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Motorman 007, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Hi Guys,
    I've seen this topic recently but I couldn't find it in a search so I apologize in advance.
    From a stopped position, say, at a red light, my truck has started this slight slip in the tranny when accelerating. It's a weird, quick slip and then the tranny engages. The engine RPMs go up slightly and then it kicks in with a slight bang/clunk. The truck is an '04 2500HD CC 6.0/4.10 with 37K miles. I baby this truck and had the tranny serviced with that new style flush service last summer. Any ideas?? Thanks.

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Did they flush the torque converter? If they did, they may have not put enough fluid in the trans and the torque converter sucked a bunch up and now the fluid level may be low. Or it could be a filter problem and may need to be changed. Im not a transmission expert, but I like to start easy. I may be wrong:confused:

3. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i have freind with the same truck but its a 02 and he does not plow and he has had 3 trans put in at 60000 miles

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

What tranny was that???....That a New trans every 20,000miles:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

5. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

460le or 480le

6. hummertech

hummertech Junior Member

there aren't too many problems with the 4l80 and the allison. but the problems sounds like an internal pressure leak. i'm not sure if the 4l65 is even avalible in the 2500hd. if you are still in warrenty take it to the dealer.

7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Are you like 1,000 miles out of warranty? Just take it in, they better fix it! :gunsfiring:

8. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Same exact thing happened to my truck, it was a low fluid level. Dealership topped it off, and it was good as new

9. Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the responses.