1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 2500 Chevy Tinbrens question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by HGT INC., Mar 11, 2010.

1. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

Hi, I need some advice on Timbrens. Presently have the t-bars cranked up along with Monroe HD shocks and a extra leafs in the rear, (for assistance carrying fertilizer and Permagreen). I'm adding Timbrens now on the front. After i put the Timbrens I will get an alignment. Will I need to continue to have the t-bars cranked .I don't want to have to raise and lower the bars every time the plow is put on and taken off. I have not been able to locate a part supplier in the Detroit area who carries them. Is this something that in ordered on line.?

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

On my 04 HD d-max I turned t-bars 5 turns, added timbrens.That was
    40000 miles ago and no issues. Ride is fine, same tires, no front end
    problems and it looks alot better. Put on some 285's and your all set

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I put timbrens on my 2000 and did nothing to the t-bars. With the 8 1/2ft Western there is no sag in the front-end and it did nothing to my ride that I feel. I got mine from CPW, but there right by the house!

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I think it depends how much the truck sags. Put the Tim's on, if you feel like they do the job then set the tbars back to stock.
    I cranked my t bars 5 or 6 times ( i cant remember) then I added the Tim's. I am using Bilstein 5100 shocks. I also have an '04, the Tim's and the turns on the Tbars didn't effect my ride. At least i don't think so. I bought mine off Truckspring dot com. They use to be a sponsor here. I don't know what happened to them, they had them for a good price and fast shipping.

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Crank the bars and forget them. Timbrens can be bought locally at John R Springs in Troy or you can order online form a Spring Place in Saginaw. Do yourself a favor and buy a set of Firestone 5000# air bags for the rear, some of the best $300.00 I have ever spent on a truck.

Regards Mike

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

You don't have to adjust your T bars if you don't want to,it's really up to you.I needed to for my optimal height for my plow.It also depends on what kind of ride you want without the plow on.FYI,I went with Airlift bumpers,much cheaper[$140] than Timbrens and I love the ride,with or without my 1K lb. plow on.I got them and the Airlift airbags from ''Our Deals Rock'',an online superstore.

7. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I forgot to mention that Mike. Thats the best money I spent. :nod: