1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 250 Diesel Transmission ?'s

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Quality1, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Quality1

Quality1 Member

When it rains it pours. We have a 04' Superduty AT that was taken out during our Friday night storm. Employee calls to tell me truck is not shifting. Come to find out the truck will not shift on the column. It seems to act like it is stuck. It seems to shift through the gears fine when you can get it into drive. It's going in tomm. but I was hoping someone may have had this happen before. Thanks. What a year!

2. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

this may be your problem

You may want to check the solenoid switch on the side of the column under the dash there is a plug that controls the column lock it is i believe that it is tied into the brake pedal so the column will not shift unless your foot is on the brake.This happen years ago to me during a snow storm but one call to dad whos a machanic/trans re-builder and it was fixed lucky me.

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

There should be a fuse you can pull also for the shift interlock. My 7.3 is different and I can't remember which fuse, #3 I think 15 amp mini. Take a look in your owner's manual under the list of fuses. Hope this helps.

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Let it thaw out, of course it already has. I had three Fords, 03, 03 and 05 all o the same thing that night, never ever had it happen before. The worst wouldn't come outa drive, others wouldn't go into park.