1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ripcurl2785, Oct 25, 2013.

1. ripcurl2785

ripcurl2785 Junior Member

Looking for a Plow truck. Always had a dodge with a solid front axle. Now looking at possibly switching to a chevy 2500. But i am curious how well do the front ends in the IFS chevy trucks hold up over years of plowing?? Are they hard on ball joints or any other part that wears out?? Any insight would be great. Thanks
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a friend that has a whole fleet of Chevy/GMC and they seem to do pretty well. Ball joints and brakes are going to need replacing on any plow truck but I couldn't say if Chevy wears faster than Ford or Dodge. Like any other piece of equipment, take care of it and it'll take care of you.
  3. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Only problem I know of is frame cracking behind the upper control arm. Needs a gusset.