1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04-08 as a plow truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bigmike1289, Jan 21, 2009.

1. bigmike1289

bigmike1289 Junior Member

i was wondering if anyone is using the 04-08 f150s as a residental plow truck
  2. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I personally wouldn't use anything less than a 3/4 ton for plowing. Now, if I didn't plan on using it more than 2 years then I may consider it. For what you'd save on buying a half ton you'd lose on beefing up the front end to handle the weight. You can get away with using the stock front end but I don't think it would hold up, especially with pot holes.
  3. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I had a 2004 F150 reg cab shortbox, FX4. I put a 7.5 boss plow on it. It was great for drives and small lots, I put a 2.5" leveling kit in the front, handled the blade fine. It had the 5.4, plenty of power. If I could have done it again I would have kept it.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

If thats what you have...Go for it.:drinkup:

My f150 plows like a beast..

Do timbrens...and 600 of ballast weight behind the rear tailgate
  5. Largemouth

Largemouth Junior Member

I have an 04 F-150 FX4 with a Blizzard 760LT. Its does a great job, never had any issues. I run around 400lbs in the back (plow weight 465)