1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 Suburban 1500 capable of plowing?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tchnlgykd, Feb 27, 2011.

1. tchnlgykd

tchnlgykd Junior Member

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew or had experience with plowing with a 03 suburban 1500. I want to know if it can handle a light-duty plow like a western hts or something. What are you recommendations if I were to plow with this suv? I would not be doing commercial plowing, just a couple of jobs here and there for people i know.

Thanks.

2. XtremeSnowPros

XtremeSnowPros Member

I have a 04 z71 Suburban that we have a snow way on it and plow commercially with and it does great. We haven't had any problems with the plow and it doesn't budge the front end.

3. tchnlgykd

tchnlgykd Junior Member

what model snowway do you have? also I don't have a z71 package on mine would you recommend doing anything to my front end? or it should be fine?

4. HMP

HMP Junior Member

I am currently in the market for a plow for my 2004 Suburban 1500 Z71.

I've been checking out the Western HTS and some plows from Boss.

I'm still trying to decide.

5. bean7654

bean7654 Member

I used to run a 7.5' Western Pro Plow on my 2004 Tahoe Z71. I handled it great. I added a Timbrens Kit up front and cranked up the T-Bars Here are some pictured. Theses are without the ballast in the back.
    [​IMG]

IMG00019-20090722-1346.jpg