1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 silverado Z71 digital odometer goes blank

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chevy2003, Mar 4, 2014.

1. chevy2003

chevy2003 Junior Member
    from indiana

I never noticed it before I had a plow, but it has happened twice now that ,after an hour or so of plowing, my digital odometer goes dark, blank and works fine the next morning. Obviousely it doesn't happen every time I plow. Both times it did this, it was windy while plowing, some snow blows up over the plow(no rubber deflector) ; maybe has nothing to do with it, just what I observed other than heater is on all the time, plow route lasts around 2 hours(thinking maybe odometer connections get too hot) ......?????

Anyone else have this problem?

2. mcprop

mcprop Junior Member
    from 48328

GM have problems with their instrument clusters. May need to replace it, especially if you gauges start reading wrong.

3. chevy2003

chevy2003 Junior Member
    from indiana

I sent the whole cluster, odometer piece for repair to fix a few guages, over a year ago, cause they were reading wacky and since then, no problems till now.....

4. mcprop

mcprop Junior Member
    from 48328

Repair or replace? The Dorman replacement comes with better components then the OEM one has. Its not cheap but worth it.

I have replace 6 of these in different trucks without any repeat of the problems.

5. javaboy

javaboy Junior Member
    from Alaska

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014