1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03' Silverado Fisher plow issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wonka144, Nov 16, 2008.

1. wonka144

wonka144 Junior Member
    from 03054

I am moving a used 8' Fisher MM1 from a 00' Silverado 2500HD to a 03' Silverado 2500HD

DEALER #1 says I can not used the YELLOW tag 4 port module or my headlight wire harness...So I put my yellow tag module up for sale and purchase a WHITE tag module used. The seller stated that it came from a "03' Chevy" and the part #s matched what DEALER #1 said I needed but the headlight harness was for K4500/5500.

DEALER #2 says I could have used the YELLOW tag and I can also use the WHITE tag as the two modules can easily be used on my 03' Silverado. He told me to plug everything in without mounting and test it. So I plug everything in and both modules do seem to respond normally, the lights change over to the plow side and the blade did respond...Now I never connected the directionals as I was just trying to see how the 2 modules responded.

DEALER #3 says neither module should be used and he could sell me the right one a GREEN tag :dizzy: and that he had one there he could sell me for $275.00 or a kit that included the 2 harnesses for $348.00

The fisher plow website will only tell me that my vehicle takes a 3 port module :eek:

So I sell the YELLOW tag and permanently mount the WHITE tag module (PN26134) along with my original headlight harnesses (26360) (26361) Port #1 harness (22415) and port #2 harness (22413)......Now after permanently mounting everything the lights do switch over to the plowside BUT the directionals and highbeams do not work. Then I go to use the blade controls and they do not respond either.

Is there anyone that can shed some light on this? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but currently you've got BOTH the incorrect Iso module as well as the incorrect headlight harness's for your '03.

Your 26134 white label Iso module (which is actually refereed to as a 26400) won't work on a GM, it's actually used on the Ford's and Dodges. The Lt green Iso module is for the GM's. And your current light adapters are for the '99-'02 positive common light systems that GM used during the '99-'02 model years...and will not work on the '03-newer negative common light systems. Certainly would explain why you have no hi beams.

To properly do this you need:

The 27781 green label Iso module as well as the 26352 and 26351 headlight plug in harness's.

Dealer #3 would be correct. :salute:

3. wonka144

wonka144 Junior Member
    from 03054

Thanks B&B

Dealer #3 also mention the possibility of changing pins around at the harness end...Have you heard of this working?
    Thanks again for your help

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can do that also if you have the capability/know how. :waving:

5. wonka144

wonka144 Junior Member
    from 03054

Could the compatibility know how be found at fishers tech service?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The compatibilty yes it can, the know how, well you have to possess that yourself.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wire manual It's a Western manual but its the same...

Page 41 and 42 will give you the pin-out differences between the two pairs of plug in harness part numbers. You need to provide a terminal extraction tool and good concentration to execute the pin swaps.

8. wonka144

wonka144 Junior Member
    from 03054

This is great information...Im assuming this is only a fix for the harness and the 26400 module will still be useless to me?

Thanks

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you'll still need the other Iso... can't fix you up that easy. :D

10. slowwrench

slowwrench Junior Member

I have an 04 setup from chev 2500 hd and need the setup for 2001 GMC 2500HD.

B&B can we help each other out here?

I did wire in the headlight harnesses Long plug in and short plug in on the truck already. Was going to set configuration plug to pos common.

Have 27781 controller with green label

slowwwrench@ezlinx.net

11. slowwrench

slowwrench Junior Member

Seems to me all I need to do is change the common and use the same wiring and controller, right???

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Use the pin out diagrams on pages 40 & 41 of the manual I posted to compare the difference between the pre-'03 and the '03-up harness's. You'll see which pins need moved and to where. You can re-use your existing Lt green 27781 Iso module over again.

Page 40 is for the pre-'03 and page 41 is for the '03-up harness's.

13. slowwrench

slowwrench Junior Member

Thanks B&B. Will get a set of 26360/26361 harnesses. (Have 26351/26352 to trade...)
    SW

14. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Converting Fisher Headlight Harness for Chevy and GMC

Time to set up trucks for plow season, wanted to get this out of the archives, and up to the front, this thread has great information for changing the positive common and negative common headlamp harnesses on Chevrolet and GMC trucks, use a hard steel pick tool and it's a breeze. Remember 99-02's are different from the 03-07's.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  15. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Hello - a buddy needs to do this, and we pulled this up but the link B&B referenced is dead and I can't seem to find it on the Fisher site. Both the female AND male plugs in each fisher harness need to have the wires flipped, correct? I'm not there but he said he was not able to push out the male plugs from the Fisher socket. I'd be afraid that it could collapse the pins in there - is there any other suggestion? I had given him my pick set to borrow...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/22373.07_110108_for_Web.pdf :waving:

17. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Ah, thank you. So by my interpretation of those 2 pages, yes the male plugs need to have pins swapped too. What is the best way to do them? He said females went easy but that the males won't budge... Do those you just pull out the back instead of pushing with a pick?