1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'03 Sierra 3500 power steering issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 2009deerejohn, Aug 23, 2014.

1. 2009deerejohn

2009deerejohn Junior Member

We just had a heck of a go around with an air bound power steering system after changing a leaky hose, brakes locked up, lost power steering & had to get it towed so today pretty much sucked. My question is this truck has a power steering cooler on it that the previous owner disconnected, he obviously had the cheapest, dumbest wrench turner he could find based on other things we have found "fixed" and have had to re-fix so I'm just wondering if any one with early 2000's 3500HD's have had an issue with the power steering and power steering cooler? I'm going to rig something up to preasure test the cooler but if any one can direct me to a place were I can find a picture of how it's supposed to be routed or has a picture of their trucks set up would be awesome. I found a "diagram" online but it's and exploded view of the cooler, pump, steering box and hydro boost but doesn't show how all 3 are plumbed up

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

They're cheap just put a new cooler in.