1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 ranger w/ fisher homesteader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by redsoxfan, Oct 20, 2004.

1. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

03 ranger w/ fisher homesteader

P8090070 (Small).JPG

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Looks like a driveway machine!! Got to love a Ford, BIG or small!!:waving:

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Setup!
    Where in MA, the street looks kind of familiar for some reason.

4. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

w. boylston outside worcester

5. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Looks good. How much did it make the front of the truck sag? Did you crank the torson bars on the ranger to make it sit up higher in the front?

If you need ranger help, info, whatever, Check out www.TheRangerStation.com

Best darn ranger site on the web, though Im probally alittle bias since im deeply involved with it.

6. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

the front only sags about a half inch i cranked the torsion bars up a little not all the way

7. Nice plow! It's nice to see someone else with a plow on their Ranger, I have one on my '02 FX4.

8. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

another pic not the best

P8090069.JPG

9. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Heres mine a 99 Ranger XLT. Just got it put on Wednesday.
    Jason

curtis2.jpg

10. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

nice truck like the curtis

11. Stik208

Redsoxfan do you have the 3.0 flex fuel, or the 4.0. I have the 4.0 and have that engine is a monster can't wait to see it push.
    Jason

12. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

3.0 engine

i have the 3.0 and i never had any trouble pushing any type of snow heavy or light

13. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Curtis is the best choice for a ranger IMO, snoway and blizzards mounts are ugly.

14. Stik208

Yeah I like the way the Curts mount looks on my truck its almost invisible against the black. I shouldnt have a problem being a 5 speed in all if I stay at about 10 mph, I only plan on doing driveways.
    Jason

15. I have a sno-way and yes, the mounts aren't very 'fashionable'. I don't really care though because in the summer I take it off and in the winter people can see that I have a plow!

16. Stik208

I will always leave my mount on because I like the way it looks and I think it will be more of a pain to take it on and off. Also tthe electrical will hang done and will look awful. Hey cja1987 why do you not have any pics of your truck on either snowplowing contractors, or on this site?
    Jason

17. Taking mine off is by no means a simple job, but it's not the hardest thing to do. One of the biggest reasons I pull it off is because my truck sees quite a bit of off road time and the mount reduces my ground clearence. Plus it got a nice fresh coat of paint this summer.

18. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

if you are just doing driveways and want the original look, the homesteader lets you take the brackets off the truck that is why i bought it i haven't had a problem with the plow and i plow 18 driveways and a small parking lot (10 spaces)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  19. Stik208

I was going to go with the homesteader, but I wanted a more rugged look and the Curtis I bought looks like it can take more plowing than the homesteader. I was on the fence about both and went with the one that I thought would be a little stronger. But I do agree with what everyone has said about your homesteader it looks great and it looks great on your truck. Its great to see some of Rangers out there are getting plows put on them. What do you do for weight in your bed? I planned on buying 2 45 gallon tubs and filling them with salt for weight and so if people want their driveways salted.
    Jason

20. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

nice looking truck and plow. im not a fan of rangers, but it does look mean with the plow :)

how much does that plow weigh? what size is it? and do they have em for dakotas?