1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 ram 1500 quad cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Captainjack, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Captainjack

Captainjack Junior Member

I bought a 2003 Ram 1500 quad cab with 20" rims. I currently have a 1997 F150 with a Western Ultramount 7.6 poly blade. My question is will this plow fit on my 2003? What do I need to purchase to mount it? Also the truck needs tires, what kind should I put on?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll need to purchase the mount specific for the Dodge which is Western p/n: 63760 as well as the necessary wiring.

Your plow isn't a plow that Western recommends for this truck so it'll more than likely be overweight on the FAWR, but for personal use should be fine with enough ballast.

3. Captainjack

Captainjack Junior Member

Thanks for the info. Yes, it is for personal use. My driveway which is paved and an apartment house I own with a small paved driveway. With the plow on I only drive about 8 miles roundtrip.

4. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

That Ram will handle that plow better than the ford will, theres a guy around here that hung a 7.5 V Plow on a 1/2 ton ram with the 20" Rims.. Truck dosen't like plow, but it holds the weight