1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 message says " change oil"

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Surfside, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Surfside

Surfside Member

Just wondering what sets this off, the oil doesnt need to be changed for another 4k or so. Also what makes the message "service brakes soon" come on, I was told that there where alot of recalls on the wiring for this truck, does any one know what when why?

2. bigredwood

bigredwood Junior Member

I know the change oil light is sometimes hooked in with a mileage parameter in the computer and needs to be reset after your oil change by the service tech. I have had them forget to do it, and had to do it myself. I found the directions in the owners manual. Not sure what sets your brakes off.

3. Ripple

Ripple Member

Maybe put the truck in question in your signature so we know what your talking about!

4. Surfside

Surfside Member

I dont have the owners manual, how do I reset.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  5. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Turn ignition ON, press gas pedal to the floor 3 times, turn ignition off, and you're good to go.