1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 GMC Sierra - Key fob lock, but no unlock

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pohouse, Nov 20, 2012.

1. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Recently on my 03 Sierra, my key fob stopped unlocking the doors. The lock and panic buttons work, but not the unlock. Changed the battery in the fob, still unlock does not work. Tried a 2nd fob that I have with the same result. Must be the truck... I've heard others have experienced this. I've checked fuses, relays without success. Any fixes?
  2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

If your panic button is still working you can get by with resynchronizing the system. (stand 5 feet away from the truck, press the lock and unlock at the same time for 7 seconds. the locks will cycle to confirm) If that doesnt work you might need the door module reprogrammed, but you'll have to go to the dealer for that one. Good luck hopefully the first one works for you.