1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 Gmc 2500hd 4x4 Newbie Help!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dlsderoo, Mar 9, 2009.

1. dlsderoo

dlsderoo Junior Member

:dizzy::dizzy:Ok I am ready for my bashing. This is my first post and I just purchased some parts for my first plow. I just want to make sure I have the right parts for the truckside and I am gonna pick up a plow in the spring or summer for next year.

Anyway heres what I got. I have push plate that I was told came off a 2006 avalanche 2500 The part# he said they are is #8673

Now I have a complete wiring harness with iso module here are the part #

26291 or 26351
    26290 or 26352

I have been looking on Fishers and western site to see if these match up to my vechicle but no luck I am a little worried now!

I dont wanna cut my lower valance yet just in case these push plates dont fit. Also,
    I am missing the hand held control 6 pin plug so I'll pick that up this week If everything gonna workout for me I might need a part# for the fishstick if you guys know it.

Now I was planning on getting a 8' fisher plow and here are some specs on my truck

Ext cab
    fgawr 4800
    rgawr 6084
    gvwr 9200

2. dlsderoo

dlsderoo Junior Member

Ok I have been searching and searching and I think he definetly gave me the wrong # for the push plates. And I figured out the wiring harness except for a few loose wires. So hopefully some could help me out.

On the the directional harness I have on the drivers side thre wires
    purple = directionals i think
    pink = parking lights
    Brown = daytime running lights which my truck has so I don"t hook this right ?

Passengers side I have
    light purple = which I believe is directional

Can some tell me what color wire I am tapping into to make it easier.Then finally I have the keyed accesory (red wire) which fuse do I tap into and does anyone have one of those mini fuse copper taps? I dont want to buy 25

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Purples on your plow harness are your left and right turns respectively. Turn wires on the truck will be light blue for the left turn, dark blue for your right turn.

Brown is your marker lights...and so is the marker light wire on the truck.

Pink is your DRL wire, connect to the blue DRL wire on the truck (if you choose to connect them).

Use a good fuse tap (search here for "add-a-circuit" to see what a good one is) and use the fuse in the panel located on the driver side of the dash board (open driver door). Use the fuse labeled "SEO ACCY". Should be in the #10 socket in the panel.

And yes your push plates are incorrect if your numbers are right. You need #7169 for the plates.
  4. dlsderoo

dlsderoo Junior Member

Thanks for the info on the wirring I searched fishers website for Hours and finally found a old 2003 schematic with the wires with the color coding I had. The new schematic doesnt have the color coding wiring ( can't find good help these days i guess) I

As far as the push plates go he told me they were off a 2006 avalanche 2500 along with the wirring harness. So the part# he wrote on them doesn't exist anywhere. But the picture on fishers website looks really close to what I have and if I have the right wirring harness then they must be right ( I'll cross my fingers) :)

Thanks for all your help I can't wait to put it on!!!! maybe this weekend
  5. dlsderoo

dlsderoo Junior Member

:DUpdate Everything fit great and today I bought my plow and I finally got to test out the wiring and It was dead on Everything worked perfect. I just want to say THANK YOU I am so siked for next year. I think I did pretty good on Pricing.

I got the wiring harness and pushplates off a 06 avalanche no split wires excellent shape the pushplates look brand new. I paid $ 300 for both.
    Today I purchased the mm2 plow I was told Its a 08 the date on the frame said dec 06 it a 8" hd 3 plug with a 8" cutting edge and rubber snofoil no rust anywhere looks a year old. I got it for 1500. The guy said he took the intenfire lights off because they kept blowing bulbs every bump he hit so I have the old style light : ( so I am looking for a set if anyone has them.ussmileyflag
  6. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

great buy man i thought i got a deal with my 04 mm2 with wiring push plates the whole 9 yards for 2500 but u just blew that out of the water lol now all u have to do is put up some pics. as far as the intenifiers they aint cheap but u can finds deals i recommend if u get em put 2 zip ties around each one that way the shock doesn't kill em thats what all the town guys here do. i hear there worth the money though
  7. letmeplowu

letmeplowu Junior Member

I hope you guys can help me too.

I have a 2003 Silverado 2500HD.

I have a 3 plug Fisher. I followed the steps with the lights and color codes as stated on the previous post and the plow lights worked great except for the plow directionals, they never turned on.
    Problem #1
    Every time I call for the right or left, only the truck directionals come on and not the plow directionals.
    Problem #2
    I hooked up the "add a circuit" (used a 15amp) to the radio fuse under the truck, the joystick light came on, tried lifting the plow and the joystick light went out and so did the plow lights, truck lights still work.
    I disconnected the add a circuit and now the plow lights wont work.

Checked all fuses on the plow harnesses and none were blown.

Problem #3
    This is an easy one but just want to make sure.. Which ones are the DRL's?
    I always thought they were the bottom innermost lights closest to the center grill.
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What color wires did you tie into on the truck for the turns? You did use the purple wires in the plow harness correct? Do the plow markers function? If not, double check that you have 12V power on BOTH sides of the 15 and 7.5 AMP fuse in the plow harness near the Iso mod. Simply looking at the fuse to see if it's blown is not enough.

You have to have 12V power to the red wire for the Isolation module and thus the plow lamps to function,. Thats why when you disconnected your add-a-circuit you lost the plow lights.

Also sounds like you missed a wire connection or have a poor one somewhere. Probably a ground...on the black/orange wire at the under hood solenoid for example. Need to go over and double and triple check your connections.

Is this a brand new install or a used harness off of another truck?

Did you use the install paperwork when doing the install?

Correct, your inside lowest most lights are your DRL's.
  9. letmeplowu

letmeplowu Junior Member

well the problem was resolved.. Bad ground..
    Good thing I was doing this at night and was able to see the spark coming from the grounded wire.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Bingo! Poor connections are often the issue.

Good to hear you got it sorted out congrats. :drinkup:
  11. letmeplowu

letmeplowu Junior Member

I got another issue unrelated to the plow.

I have power everything on this truck.
    The pdl and pw work only when the car is in park. When in drive, none of the buttons on the drivers door work, however the ones on the passenger door work all the time.

The truck has not been in any accidents. no fuses are blown.

Sometimes, after driving for at least 10 minutes, the drivers door power buttons start functioning again.

This truck came with the snow plow prep package, a plow has never been installed till now. What does the plow package entail?
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009