1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 fuel computer issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Surfside, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Surfside

Surfside Member

:dizzy: Filled up rear tank with truck running!! Oooopps Well 1 mile down the gauge went to empty with light on even though I had both tanks almost full? Ran for about a week and then stalled. Out of gas, so I thought after getting is started again , after needing a jumpstart on top of the fuel issue. Gas gauge now reads half tank and the pump is clicking and wont stop. What did I do? Dealer says 40$ to reinstell software and that might not fix it. I also thought it may be a sensor but seems to be reading the fuel supply again? Help 03 GMC serria DEISEL dumptruck :dizzy:
  2. Surfside

Surfside Member

Sorry but gauge went back to empty !!!!!!!! oooopps diesel!!! Can anyone help ?
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might check all your ground wires and clean and put dielectric grease on them to keep them clean. The tank pig tail may need cleaned and greased.
    If the Chevy is wired like a Ford, the ground for the pump and the gage sender is under the hood. If it's a duel tank truck, the tank switcher may have a problem too.
  4. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

I had same problem on a 01 3500 with the 6.0 gas motor. Dealer told me filling with engine running is a cause of this. I personally did not do that but that might be a part of the problem.