1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 Ford SD Ultra mount Light problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DBG, Dec 2, 2010.

1. DBG

DBG Junior Member

First problem is when i hit the remote start the high beams on the plow come on and no marker lights.

Second problem is when i get in the truck and turn the lights on i have to flick the high beam switch to get the high beams to shut off and they wont go back on.

The harness came off my old dodge and was put on by a western dealer 3 yrs ago. Any Ideas?

2. nycpsd

nycpsd Junior Member
    from nyc/pa

Is this a recent problem or something that has been happening. Sounds like the dealer may have switched the wire for your high beams and marker lights, Any problems when the plow is off the truck using the auto start?

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know what kind of setup you have (you didn't post any info regarding if it was a relay, or mod system), so start. Check all the grounds. Check all connections to the parking and headlight to make sure they are not corroded. Check the vehicle and plow harness and make sure they are clean and making contact.