1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 Ford F250 4X4 issues

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by james.j.smith, Jan 6, 2014.

1. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

I have a 2003 F250 6.0L powerstroke with a snoway series 25 8’ plow. I’m having some issues with my 4X4 in the truck. A couple weeks ago my 4x4 quite working and I have no indication on the dash. I put it into the ford dealer and the 4x4 module was replaced. I’m told that this is the computer module that controls the 4X4. Once this was replaced I was getting the indication again. This past storm I plowed with 4X4 for 13 hours with no issue. Once I got home the truck sat for several hours and when I ran out later that evening I had no indication on the dash for 4X4. The next day I unplugged the connectors to the module and I got an indication again and had 4X4 for that whole day the truck then sat for a day. Today I disconnected the plow and again have no indication. I tried unplugging the connectors to the module and this time I had no luck in regain my 4X4. The module that I’m referring to is behind the glove box. Does anyone know the correct term for this module?

What I plan to do is redo the grounds on my plow wiring they are all connected to the battery and I was going to ground them to the chassis. The wiring schematic for the plow does indicate that the grounds are supposed to be on the battery but I figured it wouldn’t hurt anything and could possibly be better if they’re are grounded to the truck frame. Once I do this I am going to drop it off to ford. I have no warranty on this truck and was wondering if anyone had any insight before I went to the dealer?