1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 f450????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cmo18, Nov 1, 2011.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I'm a dodge guy, but am in need of another truck and I found a 2003 f450, 6.0 powerstroke with a fisher vee. 70k

I dont need a dually but it has a flat deck on back and it would look so good with a spreader!

What should I be concerned about?? I've never owned a ford and I've heard some terrible things about the 6liter. Should I stay away?

thanks

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's the first year of the 6.0. They can be very pricey to fix. I'd stay away, but a lot of guys have had good luck with them. I'd be all over it if it was a V10 or the 7.3.

3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

since it is 8 years old, could all the problems be worked out??

4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

I have had 6.0's and they have been bulletproof. If the recalls were performed they should be fine. Plan on doing front end work pretty frequently.

5. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Have somebody run an OASIS report on the truck to see what's been done to it. Practically speaking, 2003 was absolutely the worst year for the 6.0 liter Powerstroke. Lot's of problems - all fixable. (Do some searching here and you'll find plenty on them.) The question is, do you want to be the one fixing them?

6. A.M.Canfora

A.M.Canfora Member

If all the recall work was performed on the engine I don't see much of a problem with it. but yes the 2003-2004 6.0 had major issues when they first came out