1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 F450 wiring harness installation question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Carpenter98, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Carpenter98

Carpenter98 Member

Hi All -

New to this site & I've been reading for the last hour or so. Great place you have here.

I am a General Contractor by trade, but am working with my landscaper friend on snow removal this year. He has a couple of plows himself & more work then he can efficiently handle. We do a few gas stations but mostly industrial areas & large parking lots.

I was 'given' a 9' HD plow with mounting hardware & wiring harness. Everything worked when removed from the last truck, so I am confident everything will hook up fine. My truck is a 03 F450 4x4.

I was not present when the harness was removed from the last truck, so I didn't see how everything was hooked up. I have most wires figured out. I tried looking up this harness on Fishers site, but everything on there has an Isolation Module. This harness does not.

I have the control end w/ fused red wire for the cab; wire that goes to solenoid & battery; plug that goes to headlight 1 w/ relays & light blue wire & brown(?) wire with bullet connections; plug that goes to headlight 2 w/ purple wire with bullet connector.

My question is where do the bullet connectors tie in? I'm guessing one is for each turn signal (purple on one side, brown or lt blue for the other signal. I'm not completely sure though.

Does anyone have a link to or know the where a diragram for this harness can be found? I thank you in advance for your help. Jeremy
  2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Those are what are called "splice wires" meaning they have to be spliced into the vehicle wiring. The purple wires are directional signal wires and the brown wire is for your "marker, parking, running or whatever you like to call them lights. You will notice a directional splice wire on each headlight side because they are different circuits, there is only one brown wire needed because both sides are on one circuit. The previous user put those bullet connectors on.
  3. Carpenter98

Carpenter98 Member

Thanks Buddy

That's what I thought, but with everything else now have iso mods I wanted to make sure I didn't need another harness.
  4. Carpenter98

Carpenter98 Member

Got the harness installed last night. Wasn't difficult at all. I dropped the small hex nut for the solenoid though & by then all the hardware store sere closed and I was out of 10-32 nuts. I'll finish tomorrow....