1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 F350 instrument panel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JCPM, Oct 10, 2010.

1. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

So I have a good one for you. Maybe someone can figure this out for me. I have a 2003 F350 pickup with a v10 about two seasons ago my speedometer started acting up. It would shut off then turn back on for no apparent reason. Then finally it maxed out at 100 mph and would stay there even when the truck was off. When you turned it on and got going above 20mph it would go down to 70 mph. The dealer told me that I needed a new instrument panel. They said it would cost around $500 plus a few hrs labor. My local garage had no idea what it was. Heres the strange thing about it. During a snow storm when your out for a while and ice starts freezing under the truck it would start working perfectly again until the next day that the temps would get above freezing. I checked for broken wires under the truck and found nothing out of the ordinary. My 2005 F350 dump truck would do the exact opposite. During a storm it would stop working all together then start again the next day. What do you think?