1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 f350 diesel x-blade to much weight

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jto89, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Jto89

Jto89 Member

i just bought a 2003 f350 7.3 diesel. the truck is and ex cab short bed and i found an 8' x-blade for it, i was wondering if this was to much weight for the truck. i did a search and didn't really come up with anything so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know of any 1 ton trucks that can't handle an 8' blade. You should be just fine and I would imagine there are many users on here who run that exact plow on that exact truck.

3. bosslover

bosslover Member

as long as you have the 5200lbs front end you should have no problem at all i have an 8'2" boss v on my f-250 v-10 and my buddy has a 9'2" on his f-350 v-10 and i was told that my truck would handle a 9 foot v with out a problem so long story short your one ton with an 8 foot should not be a problem as long as it has the heavy front end

4. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

oh yeah you will have no problem, my buddy has exactly what your looking at its a Fisher 8ft xblade on an f250 diesel.

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

open the driver side door up and look at the tag on the door jamb it should list front gvwr... it should be eithe 4800# or 5200# ,.... since your a diesel im guessing 5200# ,,,, the 8' shouldnt be that heavy for it, if it does sag too much timbrens are cheap. :cool:

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

it doesnt matter whether its 3/4 or 1 ton that only applies to rear blocks and rear end... a f250 could have a front gvwr higher than a 350 it all depends on how they were configured, alls yea gotta do is check your tag in door jamb, i think 99-04 they ran either 4800 or a 5200 set up, im not sure on 05 +

7. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

if it has an "x" as the first letter under the spring abbreviation on the door sticker....then you have "x" springs (plow package) they are rated at 6000 lbs.