1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 f250sd

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by clncut, Jan 15, 2011.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Im looking into purchasing a new plow and like the blizzard 8600sw. The problem is I have the 4600 front end rating and their quick match doesn't recommended that plow for my truck. I do have the front end beefed up with timbrens at this time. My question is, does anyone else run a set up similar to this and do u think my truck would handle the extra weight? The plow weighs in at 818 lbs I believe. Thanks

2. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I've seen lots of heavy weight blades on SDs. I say go for it. Worst case scenario, you have to upgrade to X-code front springs.

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Get some X code springs installed on your truck. They are rated at 6k lbs. and will bring your FGAWR up to 5200, which means you will be able to run that plow. What engine do you have, and what cab/bed configuration?

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I run a Boss V on my SD and have no front end issues
    all stock suspension with 800lbs of ballast in the bed

5. clncut

Engine is the 5.4 Gasser and cab is crewcab, 6.8ft bed

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

If it were me, I would. Not that expensive to do, and you'll want to do it before the new plow goes on, because the undercarriage will more than likely have to be removed.

7. clncut

Thanks for all your responses. I think Im going to hold off for a while, stick with what I have and see what comes up this summer.

John