1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 f250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by CHasselberger, Aug 3, 2010.

1. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

So after going thru 4 pages of past threads I haven't found my answer. I have an 03' F250 XL and it has the sealed beam halogen headlights. If I change those to aftermarket H-4 beams will I have to do anything to my plow set-up? It's a Western UniMount.
    Thanks for any help!!

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yes, the headlight plugs are different, even for the truck. I have a set of stock 04 composite headlights and markers for sale cheap if you're interested.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I believe you're thinking of sealed beam to OEM HB5 composites which do require a plug change.

However H4's are a direct replacement for the sealed beams. They use the exact same headlamp plugs that's why they're a popular (and) direct fit upgrade with no wiring mods needed. Pull the sealed beams, install the H4's and reconnect the wiring as is....nothing more needed.
  4. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

Thanks for the advice guys!!